The electronic visa (e-Visa ) is an online facility for applying for visas to Zambia. All persons who ordinarily require a visa to come to Zambia are eligible to apply for visas through this facility.
Step 1. Fill out the secure online application form & confirm your application
Enter the exact personal information of the applicant(s) and check for a confirmation mail sent to your email address and access provided link to confirm and ACTIVATE your application. You can track the progress of your application on the e-Visa portal.
Step 2. Get approval letter and prepare to get your visa sticker on arrival
Within 3 or 5 working days, depending on category, you receive feedback via email. You may also download visa approval or rejection letters directly from the e-Visa‘s tracking facility.
Making Entry into Zambia (Payment and getting visa sticker)
Upon arrival at Port of entry you present your passport, visa approval letter and pay the visa
fee to the Immigration Officer to get your visa sticker affixed in your passport
Required Documents* jpg or png formats.
Once one has determined that they need a visa, the purpose of their visit and the appropriate visa fee to pay, the following steps can be followed to apply for a visa. These steps can either be performed in advance of arrival by mailing the forms to the appropriate Zambian Mission or have their information and fee ready when arriving at the port of entry.
- Completion of the visa application form (Form 16) in duplicate (photocopies are accepted).
- Obtain two recent passport size photographs signed on the back of each
- Collect supporting documentation
If traveling for business, studies, official (government), church or volunteer purposes:
- A cover letter specifying the nature of of the intended business
- Flight itinerary or return air ticket
If traveling for tourism purposes:
- Flight or tour itinerary and / or copy of air ticket
If traveling for private visit purposes:
- Invitation letter and current immigration status of host.
- Submit documentation with associated fee to the nearest Zambian Foreign Mission. (for current addresses, please see Missions page)
REMINDER: These are general guidelines and different procedures exist for certain individuals.
|DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM|
|Note: This Web site contains PDF documents that require Adobe Acrobat for viewing. Download Acrobat Reader here!|
|Application for a visiting visa (section 25(1) of the immigration and deportation act, no. 18 of 2010) Form 16|