120 Vyse Street
T: 0870 061 0121
M: 0777 000 0000
A multi-skilled, hardworking and efficient warehouse assistant with a proven track record of ensuring the smooth functioning and running of all warehouse concerning activities. Able to follow standard operating procedures and work in a methodical and tidy manner. Possessing a comprehensive understanding of material / stock management techniques and inventory control methods and procedures. Now looking for a suitable position with a company which offers genuine room for progression and where I can make a significant contribution.
WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT - May 2008 - Present
Working as part of a team in a busy distribution centre, under the guidance and supervision of a warehouse manager or supervisor. Involved in moving stock around manually and carrying out all orders effectively.
- Receiving, moving, checking and storing incoming goods.
- Checking and inspecting goods received and ensuring they are of accurate quantity, type, and also acceptable quality.
- Packaging and labelling products before they are dispatched.
- Helping to ship out over 500 lines every day.
- Picking and packing products.
- Selecting space for storage and arranging for good to be placed in the designated areas.
- Making sure that all inventory processes are completed on the same day.
- Loading and unloading lorries, vans and other vehicles.
- Maintaining and servicing warehouse tool, machinery and trucks.
- Labelling goods that have arrived at the warehouse.
- Operating a forklift, boom truck and front-end loader.
- Welcoming and helping clients who visit the branch.
- Contacting transport companies and coordinating dispatch and delivery with them.
- Preparing deliveries for the van drivers.
- Moving and organising stock.
- Supervising the work of junior staff.
- Ensuring a clean and safe workhouse for staff to work in.
- Storing stock away safely.
- Removing hazardous products from the warehouse.
- Occasionally selling goods over the trade counter.
- Signing off and replenishing stock.
- Using Mechanical Handling Equipment i.e. fork lift trucks to move goods around.
- Monitoring stock levels.
- Moving items through the warehouse from receipt to despatch to customers.
- Occasionally delivering stock to shops and retail outlets.
- Accurately updating all data into computer and manual recording systems.
- Knowledge of supply chain management and related fields.
- Holding an FLTlicence.
- Have excellent numeracy, literacy and organisational skills.
- Delivering excellent customer service to clients who visit the warehouse.
- Physically fit and able to lift and move heavy packages and objects.
- Ability to follow processes and procedure accurately.
- Can use a RF gun.
- Experience of Excel and other specialist stock tracking software.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- A comprehensive understanding of safety procedures.
- Minimising stock loss.
- Meeting tight deadlines.
- A good team player.
- Willing to work overtime at short notice.
- Able to work shifts.
- Have a meticulous and efficient work ethic.
- Attention to detail.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Delivery of products
Shipping and receiving practices.
Evesham North University 2005 - 2008
BA (Hons) Trade Administration
Coventry North College 2003 - 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES - Available on request.
Entry level Warehouse Worker resume that is ideal for a student or someone who has no work experience.
Related CV links:
Warehouse manager CV sample
Other relevant links:
CV template examples
Cover letter examples
How to write a CV
Interview questions and answers
Copyright information - Please read
© This warehouse assistant CV template is the copyright of Dayjob Ltd August 2010. Job seekers may download and use this CV example for their own personal use to help them create their own CVs. You are most welcome to link to this page or any other page on our site. However these curriculum vitae's must not be distributed or made available on other websites without our prior permission. For any questions relating to the use of this CV template please email: email@example.com.
The term “factory worker” can apply to a number of discrete categories. Whether referring to stocking perishable goods, controlling the inventory of mechanical parts or supervising a team of junior employees, this industry is quite diverse. Still, there are some basic rules when formatting a professional CV. These could be unclear to some while this may be the first time that others have attempted to list their skills in a concise manner. This factory worker CV sample is a great framework to follow and such an outline will prove useful for anyone actively seeking employment.
Factory Worker CV Sample
/Your Full Name/Your Current Address/Your Phone Number/Your Email
I have been a qualified factory worker for the better part of a decade. This hands-on role requires a great deal of discipline alongside a working knowledge of all of the applicable rules and regulations. Thus, I have also shaped my repertoire around obtaining the required qualifications. I have been searching for a professional firm which can provide me with room to grow while fostering a team environment. I am happy to take on the role of a team leader although I am equally satisfied working alone on challenging tasks. Ultimately, I would like to be able to contribute to the overall success of any company that employs my services.
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Advanced Craft/Supervisory Card.
- City & Guilds Warehousing and Storage Level 3 (1016).
- City & Guilds Plant Operations (Construction) Level 2 (6561).
- City & Guilds Forklift Truck Operations Level 2 (3884).
- A keen eye for current health and safety standards.
- Experience with supervising teams of workers.
- A full driving licence.
- Excellent communications skills.
2011-Present: Senior Floor Manager. Duties include:
- Stock management.
- Machinery operator (industrial units).
- Health and safety coordinator.
2009-2011: Process Operative. Main roles were:
- Manufacturing complex parts for the computer industry.
- Monitored assembly line operations.
- Applied protective coatings to certain finished products.
- Cleaned and maintained work areas.
2006-2009: Equipment Fault Analyst. Responsibilities revolved around:
- Reporting any technical faults to maintenance staff.
- Performing diagnostics on in-house software.
- Quality assurance assistant.
- University of Westminster 2001-2004: Logistics and Supply Chain Management (MSc).
I am able to supply additional references or contacts as they may be needed. This factory worker CV sample is intended to serve as a rough template. Depending upon your skills and your intended position, the information offered will naturally be different. For further information or to obtain additional useful advice, we encourage you to browse through our website at your earliest possible convenience.