Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, HDTVs, Digital Cameras and More!
Back To Combo
Open Box: Images shown are from the NEW version of this item and are for reference only. The actual Open Box product may differ in packaging and included accessories, but has been tested to ensure basic functionality.
Intel Core i5-760 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156 95W BX80605I5760 Desktop Processor
- 45 nm
- 8MB L3 Cache
- Warranty & Returns
Upgrade your system with the Core i5-760 and own the processor that speeds up when you do. These CPU powerhouses are designed to handle the intense compute and visualization workloads like video games and image editing applications. Core i5 processors allow you to multitask faster and unleash powerful media creation tools.
Best of all, the 8MB of Intel Smart Cache gives you blazing speeds you never realized were possible. Take advantage of Intel Turbo Boost technology which dynamically accelerates CPU performance to match your workload. The Integrated Memory Controller optimizes data bandwidth with support for two-channel DDR3 1066/1333 memory.
Smart Cache provides a higher-performance, more efficient cache subsystem while the Core microarchitecture accelerates overall system performance across your applications through energy efficiency. Add the Intel Core i5-760 to your system and you’ll never look back. Experience the convenience, versatility and raw power of Intel Core i5 processors today!
- Intel Core i5 Quad-core Processor With four processing cores, the multitasking monster Quad-Core Intel Core i5 processor delivers fourfold the performance on highly-threaded applications, taking your desktop PC experience into a completely new realm of mega power. The powerful processor delivers serious performance on the ultra-demanding games of today and tomorrow. The innovative 45nm quad-core technology optimizes thermal performance for reduced power consumption and noise.
- Intel Smart Cache Intel Smart Cache Technology dynamically allocates the shared cache to each processor core based on workload. This efficient, multi-core-optimized implementation increases the probability that each core can access data from faster, more efficient cache subsystem resulting in significantly reduced latency for frequently used data and improved performance.
- Intel Turbo Boost technology Intel Turbo Boost technology automatically allows processor cores to run faster than the base operating frequency if it's operating below power, current, and temperature specification limits, maximizing speed for demanding applications, dynamically accelerating performance to match your workload-more performance when you need it the most.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST) EIST allows the system to dynamically adjust processor voltage and core frequency to decrease average power consumption and average heat production, which means of enabling very high performance while also meeting the power-conservation needs.
- Execute Disable Bit (EDB) Intel's Execute Disable Bit function can prevent certain classes of malicious "buffer overflow" attacks when combined with a supporting operating system. Execute Disable Bit allows the processor to classify areas in memory where application code can execute and where it cannot. When a malicious worm attempts to insert code in the buffer, the processor disables code execution, preventing damage or worm propagation.
- Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel VT) With Intel VT, one hardware platform functions as multiple "virtual" platforms. For business, Intel VT offers improved manageability, limiting downtime and maintaining worker productivity by isolating computing activities into separate partitions. In the home, Intel VT allows creating unique user environments for multiple family members using the same platform simultaneously.
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 3 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 3 years
- Read full details
Through the Newegg EggXpert Review Program, Newegg invites its best reviewers, known as EggXperts, to post opinions about new and pre-release products to help their fellow customers make informed buying decisions.Click here for more details.
Learn more about Core i5-760
Price Available at Checkout
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.
Market Share (See Leaders)
The number of benchmark samples for this model as a percentage of all 7,793,212 CPUs tested.
Popular Core i5 760 compatible motherboards:
Group Test Results
- Best user rated - User sentiment trumps benchmarks for this comparison.
- Fastest real world speed - Real World Speed measures performance for typical consumers.
- Best value for money - Value for money is based on real world performance and price.
|Description||Intel® Core™ i5-760 Processor (8M Cache, 2.80 GHz)|
|# of Cores||4|
|# of Threads||4|
|Cache||8 MB SmartCache|
|Instruction Set Extensions||SSE4.2|
|Embedded Options Available||No|
|VID Voltage Range||0.6500V-1.4000V|
|Clock Speed||2.8 GHz|
|Max Turbo Frequency||3.33 GHz|
|Bus Speed||2.5 GT/s DMI|
|Max TDP||95 W|
|Max Memory Size||16 GB|
|Memory Types||DDR3 1066/1333|
|Memory Bandwidth||21 GB/s|
|Physical Address Extensions||36-bit|
|ECC Memory Supported||No|
|PCI Express Revision||2.0|
|PCI Express Configurations||1x16, 2x8|
|Max # of PCI Express Lanes||16|
|Virtualization Tech (VT-x)||Yes|
|Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Tech||Yes|
|Thermal Monitoring Technologies||No|
|Turbo Boost Tech||1.0|
|Virtualization for Directed I/O (VT-d)||No|
|VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)||Yes|
|Demand Based Switching||No|
|Package Size||37.5mm x 37.5mm|
|Max CPU Configuration||1|
|Processing Die Size||296 mm2|
|# of Processing Die Transistors||774 million|
|Execute Disable Bit||Yes|
|Trusted Execution Tech||No|